Sunday 10 March 2013

Academy day 1: Sitting in Mess Hall

Academy Station AS3, Earth Orbit, Sol System

I'm aboard the Acadamy AS3 station. I wasn't expecting such a huge station.

We were told to report in mess hall for 2030. I've been here for 20 minutes with another two cadets: Cdt. Ryan and Cdt. Satoshi, and one Ensign Geiken. Nobody's really talking, except for the occasional "know what's going on?", "I saw some cadets heading for hangar bay, maybe we should go see?" and "so.. is this where we're supposed to meet?"

I think everybody's nervous. We'll be running some sims, tonight. I've never operated an actual TSN vessel coms station, so I don't know how that'll turn out.

Lt. Feltes just came in and informed us the simulator's glitchy. It should be another 10 minutes before another one free up.

As usual, everybody's struggling with my name. Mooroo? Mor-ah-oo? I think I'll tack phonetics under my ID badge : MOH-ROH =P

Ah! Lt. Feltes is back. Here's our call! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment