Tuesday 19 March 2013

A new life awaits!

Dublin (Ireland), Earth, Sol System

The last week's been a revelation.  The TSN is very different from what I expected.  I mean.. I knew I had to expect loads of rules and regs, but this is just crazy.  It seems like all we're doing is paperwork.  Fill in this form, apply for that access card, blood test, eyes test, psych test, team & leadership assessment, intellectual assessment, find this document, copy that certificate... I'm going nuts!

They sent us in orbit the first day, so we got a taste of what's coming, but now I'm starting to understand that our first months will all be about bureaucracy and understanding how TSN actually works.

I got my schedule for next week.  Some of the classes seem pretty interesting, but I think most of them I'll find boring.  The kids here are almost all younger than me, and I seem to be the only one with a university degree.  I know it's a very pretentious thing to say, but I'm pretty sure I'll know more about the alien species than the teachers.

There was a girl, too.  Mary, I think, her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment