Thursday 7 March 2013

What on Earth...

Dublin (Ireland), Earth, Sol System

I realized I should explain what I'm doing on Earth.  It's not that grand of a reason, frankly.

I am visiting the grand-parents (from Father's side) this month.  I am extemely lucky to have family here on the Mother World.  Probably the only good thing Father left me when he died.  When my mother was pregnant, I was considered too illegitimate to be allowed Death-In-Service compensation.  However, before I reached 5, my father's family applied for DNA testing so I could have Earth citizenship.  It was easily granted, and, starting a few years later, I've been travelling here to Dublin for a month or so every other year.

While this may represent a lot of travel for such a short stay, the flight has always been a wonderful experience.  Every time.  In fact, I've always been fascinated with space travel.  The magic of it all is just... wow - there's just no way to describe the beauty of a star field, the poetry of weightlessness, or the grandeur of a Nebulae.  Now, you may be asking yourself.. if a guy can afford going to Earth, can't he pay the extra for suspension?  Well, obviously, the answer is: no.

No comments:

Post a Comment